The Lexington Diocese has implemented a new online program for those who’d like to make donations from home or if they’re out of town. Several of us have tested it and it’s a completely secure system.
Why would you want to donate online?
- When you’re at your desk balancing your budget it’s easy just to click over and make a one-time donation
- You can help support St. Clare, even if you’re out of town
- Set It and Forget It!
- No more scrounging for a check as you run out the door for Mass
- You can specify exactly what you want your donation to be used for
Here’s how it works:
- Click on the Green Link above that says “Click Here To Donate”
- You’ll be taken to a page that says St. Clare Catholic Church at the top. The page will open in a new window so you’ll still be able to see these instructions.
- If this is your first time, you’ll need to create an account and it just takes a couple of minutes. You’ll need to supply a Username, a Password, a security question and your email address.
- After you fill in the form you’ll need to go to your email account and click on the approval link in the email you receive. This will open up your account. (The email will be coming from noreply @ cdlex.org. Give it a couple of minutes and if you don’t see it, check your SPAM folder.)
- In the future, after you’ve created your account, you can simply click on the “Sign Int” link at the top, right side of the page. (It’s a little link in the thin blue navigation bar at the top.)
- When you get to your account, click on the button that says “New Donations”
- Now, you’ll see a window that says “What would you like your gift to be for?”
- Now you can scroll down through the list of collection campaigns at St. Clare and choose where you’d like your donation to go. Make one donation, or multiple donations, all from this screen.
- Once you’ve chosen where you’d like to donate, go to the smaller box at the right to choose how frequently you’d like to donate. The default setting is “One Time” but you can change this to weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. Always be sure to check this setting before you continue.
- Once you’ve set up your donation schedule, click the “Save” button and the program will prompt you for your credit card information.
In the future we’ll be looking at ways to use this online donation program for things like Raffle Tickets and our Father’s Day cookbook. Feel free to send your out-of-town friends and family members to the Donation Button when they want to give a gift to the Church.