Meal Train for Nanette Navarre
If you would like to prepare a meal for Nanette Navarre, who is recovering from open heart surgery, please CLICK HERE.
St. Clare still needs someone to schedule Greeters, Extra-ordinary Ministers and someone to clean the Church. For more information, please
contact Fr. Michael or Marie at 986-4633.
Youth Ministry at St. Clare
ST. CLARE YOUTH ARE ALIVE AND WELL!!
We are currently looking for volunteers to lead youth activities and programs! If you are interested in a rewarding experience please contact the Church office at 859-986-4633.
Knights of Columbus meets on August 19 at 5 p.m. in the Friendship Hall
- Date: Saturday, September 8th, 2012
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – Noon (Mass at 8AM)
- Location: Christ the King Cathedral
- 299 Colony Boulevard,
- Lexington, KY (Downstairs Room A)
Connie Kotzbauer will share her journey “from a nightmare to faith, hope, and forgiveness.” Come hear this amazing story that will open your eyes and show you the possibility of what God can do if you allow him.
Child care by reservation, transportation available.
Bring dish per last name: A-F: fruit ready to serve; GM: coffeecake/muffins/donuts/brads/mini-bagels; N-Z:casserole/meals.
To register, send a stamped, self-addressed envelop with a $10.00 check by September 5th (payable to Magnificat) to Deedee Simon,
1641 Linstead Dr., Lexington, KY 40504 (859-608-9740).
Questions: contact Sue at (859) 224-4908 or Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Catholic Conference for End-Of-Life Issues, Both Moral and Medical
A conference for physicians, all medical personnel, laity and clerty.
Co-sponsored by the Sts. Luke and Gianna Catholic Medical Guild and the Family Life Office fo the Diocese.
- Date: Saturday, November 17th, 2012
- Time: Beginning at 1:00 p.m. Concluding with the White Mass at 5:00 p.m. with Bishop Ronald Gainer, Celebrant
- Location: The Cathedral of Christ the King (Lexington, KY)
- Keynote speaker: Dr. E. Christian Brugger, Associate Professor of Moral Theology at St. John Vianney.
Sessions including topics on:
- A Basic Ethical Framework for Catholics making health care decisions
- Navigating End-of-Life Paperwork (Advanced Directives, Living Wills, DNR, etc.)
- Proportionate vs. Disproportionate Care/ Palliative Concerns
- Spiritually Preparing the Dying
More details to be announced later.
Mike Allen Director of Family Life Ministries Diocese of Lexington (859) 253-1993 x 212
More topics of interest: